Monday, March 24, 2008

Yeasty Easter Rolls




My Kitchen Cafe kindly supplied the post and recipe which inspired my Easter Sunday rolls.

I like my rolls a bit undercooked. They remind me of those wonderful, yeasty cafeteria rolls. I remember crowding around the lunch line when the rolls were available, and tearing them apart. They left an amazing smell in the lunchroom whenever they came out of the oven.

The dough came together very quickly and was easy to work with. I shaped them into balls that bounced back with energy.



And oh, did they rise! I found the recipe through Tastespotting and Phemomenon had mentioned they rise in a frantic manner. The perfect rising weather left these babies looking like huge, pillowy clouds sent straight from bread heaven.




Mine didn't come out as golden as others, because of the light undercooking and the fact that I don't generally egg wash my rolls. Hey, it's an egg and I'm a student. I could totally eat that egg later instead of making my rolls look pretty.



Recipe here.

No comments: